Woodinville Little League Managers - 2013
Managers for the 2013 season:
Baseball: Sr's (15-16):
Eric Backman (Manager), John Kozol (Coach): Red Sox
Kelly McGuckin & Jelani Brandon (Managers): Reds
Paul Spencer - Diamondbacks
Sparky Parker - Rangers
Jeff Young - Blue Jays
Jeff Samdal - Bulls
Jeff Young - Bats
Leanna Lowe - Grasshoppers
Pat Perkins - Thunder
Charlie Carter - Bandits
Matt Schmitter - Bandits
Corey Smith & Lance Leamer - Bears
Manager Meeting FAQ
- Sunday, February 24, 4-8pm: Rijo Athletics, 22620 Hwy 9, Woodinville, WA 98072 (1 mile north of Costco on left side)
- Sunday, March 3, 4-8pm: Rijo Athletics, 22620 Hwy 9, Woodinville, WA 98072 (1 mile north of Costco on left side
- SCOREKEEPERS CLINIC: Thursday, March 21, 7pm: Woodinville Fire Station
- Wednesday, March 27th: Dr. Smoll Coaching Clinic, 6:45pm, Shoreline Center, Highlander Room
If you want to be an All Star Manager or Coach, this is
- If you want to be an All Star Manager or Coach, this is required
Each Manager is responsible for reporting serious safety issues with the league. Any problem that occurs during a team practice or game which requires medical attention by a physician needs to be reported to the league. Failure to report is a violation of our league Safety Plan, as approved by District 8 and Little League International.
Please send email BOTH the President and the Safety Officer, and be prepared to give details.
An Injury Tracking Form must be completed and emailed as well.
Concussion Information The Zachery Lystedt Law (WA State House Bill 1824) requires you to educate yourself about concussions. We find the information provided by the Northshore School District to be very helpful, and you are able to follow the link to the CDC site if you wish to get more details. Learn more. All parents acknowledged reading and awareness of this law during the registration process.
This WA State law requires that:
- An informed consent must be signed annually by parents and youth athletes acknowledging the risk of head injury prior to practice or competition. This occurs during registration when the parent agrees to the authorization.
- A youth athlete who is suspected of sustaining a concussion or head injury must be removed from play - "when in doubt, sit them out".
- A youth athlete who has been removed from play must receive written clearance from a licensed health care provider prior to returning to play.
It does not matter if the concussion, or the possible concussion, occured at a Little League event or not.
If you are informed by a parent or guardian of a concussion or possible concussion at a non-Little League event, then you are now considered 'informed', and must adhere to the same law and guidelines--meaning that you must have a written clearance from a licensed health care provider prior to returning to play.
- Majors and Minors start on March 1st.
- Other levels start as March progresses, as per the Manager meeting.
Practice Schedule (link)
- Majors and Minors begin the week of March 18th.
- All other levels begin in late March / early April.
- Schedules are posted via the Schedules menu on the left side.
- Home team is on the 3rd base side. Visiting team is on the 1st base side.
- At Majors/Minors, the Home Team provides the field umpire, and the Visiting Team provides the Plate Umpire. However, the umpires themselves can switch if they prefer. The Managers are NOT allowed to sway or convince an umpire to change positions
- At AAA level, if you have two umpires, the same rules as Majors/Minors apply. Otherwise, the Visiting team should provide the umpire, if possible. Both Managers need to coordinate having at least one umpire
Home team is responsible for field setup and take down. Visiting team should help, if it all
Rain Lines and Rain-Outs:
- NSD Fields: (425) 408-6020
- NAF Fields: (425) 486-7333
- WSF Fields (turf fields do not close for rain. You play unless the weather becomes dangerous)
If the message says the fields are CLOSED, then that means the fields are CLOSED. You cannot practice or play there, not even if under a covered NSD school structure.
If the message says determination "is up to the fields coordinator", then that means you get to make the call yourself.
Rained-out practices are not made up.
Rained out games should be rescheduled, and its the Managers who must coordinate this with the League Scheduler.
Game Changes / Re-schedules: Coming Soon
- Any changes made to the schedule will be communicated to the teams affected, and will automatically filter to your team schedule. It is the Manager's responsibility to communicate any changes to their team.
- If you need to reschedule a game, the Manager(s) needs to email the Scheduler. Re-schedules will NOT happen automatically. Please give the game, the level, the teams, AND you must suggest a makeup. If you can't find a field that works for your schedule, use one of your practice slots. HOWEVER, YOU MUST COMMUNICATE THIS TO THE SCHEDULER, so that the schedule can be updated and conflicting practices can be warned. You cannot just arbitrarily move a game without communicating it to the Scheduler AND receiving a confirmation back. Once a change is confirmed, you will receive an email confirmation, and the website schedule will be updated, causing an automatic update to your team's game schedule and calendar.
- Because games at the Woodinville Sports Fields will be played in the rain, in some circumstances, you might be able to move a same-day rained-out game to the Woodinville Sports Fields, if there is an available appropriate sized field, AND this is done at least 90 minutes prior to gametime. In this case, YES, it may take a phone call to the Scheduler to facilitate this. But note that game times at one facility DO NOT match the game times at the Woodinville Sports Fields. Games WILL NOT start late under ANY circumstances--even due to a field location move. So if you want to try to move a rained-out game at the last minute to the WSF, you will need to coordinate this, 90 minutes in advance, including confirmation with the Scheduler, being able to get your game started on-time at the new start time at the WSF, and all communciation with your team, the opposing team, and umpires. Basically, it works like this. If you find out at 3pm that the NAF is rained out, and can get ahold of the Scheduler about moving to the Woodinville Sports Fields, and a field is available for a 5:30pm start, and you can get actual confirmation, and both teams, umpires, and parents can make the move and get the game started by 5:30pm, then you can move. Trying to make this decision at 5pm for a 5:30pm start WILL NOT be allowed. Without an email or phone confirmation directly from the Scheduler, your game IS NOT allowed to move. Just sending an email or leaving a voice mail is not enough. You MUST have an actual confirmation back.
- If there is a game re-schedule, umpires need to be informed of the change as well. That is your responsibility as the Manager -- its NOT the responsibilty of the Scheduler.
- HOME team is the official scorebook/pitchcount, and must report results by 11pm to the email addresses listed on the Game Reporting form. Failure to submit report on time, with scores, pitchers, catchers, and details, may result in forfeiture of the game if the Home team won the game.
- Game Reporting form (link)
- Pitch Count Chart (link). This is for your scorekeeping help only. This chart does not need to be submitted.
- Home team is on the 3rd base side. Visiting team is on the 1st base side.
- The Home Team provides the field umpire, and the Visiting Team provides the Plate Umpire. However, the umpires themselves can switch if they prefer. The Managers are NOT allowed to sway or convince an umpire to change position.
- Home team is responsible for field setup and take down. Visiting team should help, if it all possible.
2013 Manager's Contract and Volunteer Form
All Managers and team volunteers are required to submit a 2013 Volunteer Form, with required Social Security Number for a background check. Please complete it and email it to the WLL League Information Officer, or fax it to (425) 844-2009.
Managers are also required read the Manager's
Contract, and will be required to sign it at the Manager's Meetings at the end of January.