2013 WLL Baseball Tourney
The Woodinville Little League Tournament is played by the Baseball Majors and Minors teams at
the end of the regular season.
MAJORS Bracket (link): Champions - BB Majors Mets
MINORS Bracket (link): Champions - BB Minors Mariners
The game schedules will be posted to the main scheduling pages (at the bottom) once
BOTH teams for each game have been determined. Yes, this means that it may be only 24 hours notice to get the game posted.
Game Reports will be posted to the Game Reports pages (links at left).
Scores will be posted to the Majors/Minors schedules at the BOTTOM of the Schedule
pages, and on the Tournament Bracket.
Baseball MAJORS: Begins on Monday, May
The team seedings for Majors are determined by the OVERALL standings from the regular season.
The first tie-breaker will be head-to-head matchup. The second tie-breaker will be Run Differential (Runs Scored MINUS Runs Allowed).
#1 - Rockies
#2 - Mets
#3 - Cubs
#4 - Diamondbacks
#5 - Cardinals
#6 - Braves
Baseball MINORS: Begins on Friday May
For Minors, the team seedings have been determined by a random draw.
Rules: Managers should have a copy with them for the Umpire, just in case, since these are slightly different from the
regular season. Managers are responsible for knowing these rules!
- IMPORTANT: Pitch count rules regarding pitcher eligibility and "required days of rest" carry over from the regular season. There is no "reset."
- Double Elimination tournament, plus a single consolation game for the first 2 teams that go 0-2.
- Home / Visitor team and Dugout Determination
- MAJORS: (seeding by regular season standings). High=1, Low=6
- Highest number seed gets automatic choice of being HOME (3rd base dugout) or VISITOR (1st base dugout). Dugout must match. High=1, Low=6
Championship Game(s): Coin Flip: Highest number seed calls the coin flip. Winner can choose Home (3rd base dugout) or Visitor (1st base dugout). Coin Flip
to be done with both managers present, and, YES, it can be done WITHOUT the Umpire present to speed up game warmups and prep.
- MINORS: (seeding by random draw)
- Team on TOP of each game bracket has the automatic choice of being HOME (3rd base dugout) or VISITOR (1st base dugout). Dugout must match.
Championship Game(s): Coin Flip: Team on TOP of the bracket calls the coin flip. Winner can choose Home (3rd base dugout) or Visitor (1st base dugout).
Coin Flip to be done with both managers present, and, YES, it can be done WITHOUT the Umpire present to speed up game warmups and prep.
WINNING TEAM must send in the Game Report by 11pm. If the Manager of the winning team can't do this, then the Manager must find someone else
to do this. GET IT DONE! Forfeiture rules WILL APPLY.
- A winner MUST be determined for each game. Ties will not be allowed. Either the game is allowed to continue past the time limit if time / light / field scheduling allows, or the
score reverts back to the previous inning in which a winner can be determined. Last resort is a coin flip (and you don't want to ever get to this--it was done once 5 years ago, and
the wounds haven't healed). If this means you need to speed up the game, shorten warmups, etc., THEN DO IT!
- Any rainouts will be rescheduled for the very next day on the best available field (even if its a school field). There is no leeway in the tight schedule. If a rainout at NAF
occurs, and there is an available field on WSF, all attempts to move the game to the WSF should be made as quickly as possible.